Unite
Welcome To The Official Forum Of Clan 'Unite'
We're a RuneScape Social Clan Making Our Way Back To #1! Be Sure to Sign Up, or If You Need an Invite To The Clan Please Join Us as a Guest In-Game and Contact a Key Rank.
Unite
Welcome To The Official Forum Of Clan 'Unite'
We're a RuneScape Social Clan Making Our Way Back To #1! Be Sure to Sign Up, or If You Need an Invite To The Clan Please Join Us as a Guest In-Game and Contact a Key Rank.
Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneScape's Most Elite Social Clans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
My Statement! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 12:32 am by Link

» I'm Back on Runescape.
My Statement! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 am by Lance13

» I miss you guys
My Statement! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:03 pm by X FireLegend

» As of right now the united clan is....
My Statement! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:23 pm by purplle

» bronzie...
My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:32 pm by purplle

» clanunited
My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:20 pm by purplle

» Im back and looking for some old friends
My Statement! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:37 pm by lord kaiyune

» lance get the memo?
My Statement! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:41 pm by purplle

» I'm Leaving
My Statement! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:24 pm by purplle

Top posters
Gapi32
My Statement! I_vote_lcapMy Statement! I_voting_barMy Statement! I_vote_rcap 
Guthix
purplle
X FireLegend
str karce
Blitz
Lance13
Link
Hahaboy33
Bronzie
Visit Our Homepage
My Statement! 2u47y3d
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:55 pm

My Statement!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Good Beginning Idea?
Yes
My Statement! I_vote_lcap50%My Statement! I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
No
My Statement! I_vote_lcap10%My Statement! I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Ehhhh
My Statement! I_vote_lcap40%My Statement! I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:31 pm

I've begun to think of way to make the clan's ranks more interesting and to motivate longer activeness.

So here is My idea, We have a set of ranks that range from.

-Recruit - 15 posts and must attend 1 clan event
-Corporal - 25 posts and must attend 3 clan events
-Sergeant - 35 posts and must attend 5 clan events
-Lieutenant - 45 posts and must attend 7 clan events
-Captain - 65 posts and must attend 9 clan events
-General - 70 posts and must attend 10 clan events - while having to have 3 votes by any of the higher ranks.

-Admin(3) - all must be picked by deputies and Owner.
-Admin(2)
-Admin(1)

Now to fully utilize these ranks I've come up with a Proper System.

Recruits,Corporals,Sergeants, Lieutenants, Shall all Be placed into a Unit.
Which Is lead by A Captain or General+

Think of the system as the Military system.

Generals+ are to relay all information to their Units from the Higher ranks.

~ ~ ~ ~ Jobs of ranks ~ ~ ~ ~

Reserved.

Back to top Go down

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:41 pm

This is a good idea, and I did vote yes for it as a "beginning idea".

But here's some feedback:

You wrote in-order for people to achieve ranks they need to have X number of posts and participate in X number of events.

There's a small problem with that criteria.

1)About the post count: There are people in this world that simply hate the forums(me). And are not big on post count, and being in the forums. Now a person like me achieved my ranks by being active, and helping, and yadada, in the game it self. So maybe that criteria should change on the # of days they were in the clan, and how active they are in the clan chat, and helpful, and yadada.

^Now again for that to come into play, there would need to be certain ranks/people watching these new recruits, and see how active they are.

2) The number of clan events, simply won't work. You ask why? Point blank, we don't have much events, if none at all. Again, we need organizers, planners, certain people who are committed to do events every 1,2, or 3 days. And truly, I don't see that happening soon. I know Julyinwinter who planned a drop party once, it was successive, I don't know about the second time.

If July, would want a position in being the "Event Organizer/Planner" I would very much help.

Other than that, I think it's a great idea, and I hope something like this comes into play.

Back to top Go down
Hahaboy33
Admin
Admin

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:05 pm

First of all, the posting thing to achieve promotions with events won't work out; mostly with what Greentea posted. People would spam the forums, create unnecessary posts and all the staff would have to do is delete, delete, delete.

We rarely do events. We'll try to work on getting more events hosted from the higher ranks. So at the moment, events can't be top/main criteria for ranks; attending events is still part of the ranking system, but not as big right now.

And Greentea, I'd recommend admin+ for that position.

But, I do like the last part of your post, Rico.
Back to top Go down

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Good Feedback.

My rebuttal.

I DO believe that Post are needed, No matter if you like it or not, there is a reason the clan has a Forum Site, thus the reason for me making it a requirement for ranks, now, I'm thinking it can be requirements but doesn't mean you'll be ranked just helps to reach this criteria.

And I believe we can tell a Genuine post from bogus post just to obtain rank, thus the reason for having forum moderators. So delete delete is the reason they have that privilege.

Events Should be something we begin doing, there should never be a time where you say there aren't enough events.

Indeed It was just a beginning plot, but a better structure is needed.

Back to top Go down

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Also I might add, this is more of a motivational tactic, people just obtaining ranks out of the blue is weird. cherry

But please, Use an Insert [ ] to tell me what would be better suited for this topic, instead of what is already in existence.
Back to top Go down

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Rico, that's not what hahaboy is trying to say about the posts.

He said that there "will" be unnecessary, of course we can till the difference between spam, and real constructive posts, but there still be be spam, and unnecessary threads,etc.

Therefore there will be delete,delete, delete.

Once again, I say this is a great idea, but we just need to change the criteria a little.

And, I also agree we need more events, ranging from clan wars, and other mini games, to drop parties.

eg; daily barrows runs, gwd runs,etc. all that good stuff.

And I can't stress this enough, but we need people for all of that, I don't think people can commit in the near future.
Back to top Go down

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:28 pm

Green, What I'm saying is activity is activity, and if we have good members of the clan they'd know not to spam.

what haha said imo become irrelevant if we enforce the rules of course.
Back to top Go down
purplle
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
purplle

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 pm

i see what haha is saying but like if they r spaming a lot just kick them and it is a good start but i think we all know we need a system
Back to top Go down
Hahaboy33
Admin
Admin

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:44 pm

rico902 wrote:
Green, What I'm saying is activity is activity, and if we have good members of the clan they'd know not to spam.

what haha said imo become irrelevant if we enforce the rules of course.

The point of forum staff is to enforce the rules, such as spamming, you can't just spam because staff is there to delete it. It is a waste of time.

There are other reasons why posting should not be a criteria for considering a higher rank.
Back to top Go down
purplle
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
purplle

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:53 pm

wait what hahah? i was confuesed
Back to top Go down

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:11 am

Alright, Since having post somehow hurts how about we apply xp needed? we can check how much xp a person has gained in the clan, and it shows if someone is active or not, why not make that a requirement as well.

And people this is to make ranks not so easy to obtain, the harder something is to get the better it feels when it is got. confused
Back to top Go down
Hahaboy33
Admin
Admin

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:18 pm

rico902 wrote:
Alright, Since having post somehow hurts how about we apply xp needed? we can check how much xp a person has gained in the clan, and it shows if someone is active or not, why not make that a requirement as well.

And people this is to make ranks not so easy to obtain, the harder something is to get the better it feels when it is got. confused

XP doesn't determine how active someone is. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gapi32
Posting Master
Posting Master
Gapi32

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:34 am

i kind of agree with green tea - some ppl are in different time zones and just can't participate in events ...
Back to top Go down

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:18 am

Noone is giving improvements, only stating that the things I say Have nothing but flaws... Well, Get off your ass and help out? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
purplle
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
purplle

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:38 am

rico chill it is just critsisam we r all trying to help out the clan these ideas r just a start
Back to top Go down
Hahaboy33
Admin
Admin

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:40 pm

We could just stick with the - attend events, be active, respect/obey rules thing and have the admins/deps deal with the ranks according to that?
Back to top Go down

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:24 pm

@Purple, please if you don't understand what I mean't shut up.. this needs no reply.

@haha, it obviously isn't an effective way (Current way). And I've garnered enough support to press threw with a revision of the current methods.
Back to top Go down
Hahaboy33
Admin
Admin

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:30 am

We shall see how far it gets from the current system.
Back to top Go down
Gapi32
Posting Master
Posting Master
Gapi32

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:29 am

@haha: if you get on the wrong side of an admin, you won't be promoted no matter what Razz
Back to top Go down

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Hahaboy, is an admin.
Back to top Go down
purplle
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
purplle

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 3:39 pm

he is didnt know?
Back to top Go down
Gapi32
Posting Master
Posting Master
Gapi32

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm not dumb, you know - it says admin right under his name Razz
I was just saying ...
Back to top Go down
Hahaboy33
Admin
Admin

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:38 am

Gapi32 wrote:
I'm not dumb, you know - it says admin right under his name Razz
I was just saying ...

So why did you say the other post? Just wondering bro Razz
Back to top Go down
Gapi32
Posting Master
Posting Master
Gapi32

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:49 am

sry, but for some reason my computer doesn't display quotes ...
Back to top Go down
Hahaboy33
Admin
Admin

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:40 pm

It's the same here, just highlight it and you'll see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Statement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Statement!   My Statement! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Statement!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next